Franklin Recreation Meeting April 8, 2019
Participants: Bridget Thompson, Bridgette Favreau, Stacy Godin, Stephanie Ho, Paula Tremblay, Molly McGinty, Dawn Fournier
Bridget called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m..
● Paula heard from a local teen who is looking for community service hours and may be willing to line the fields. Follow up: he is not available for this activity.†
● Bridget has been working with MyRec in preparation for the Franklin Rec launch in July.† They have been discussing domain options.
● The presentation from the VT Beekeepers association was well attended.†
● Molly has been working on ideas and the calendar for summer programming.
● The library will offer family activities during April break, but not much outside of April break because spring is such a busy season.
Approve Meeting Minutes
Stacy motioned to approve the meeting minutes from March 25. Bridget seconded. The motion passed.
● A warrant was signed for payroll totalling $2,898.28
● Sponsorship requests are coming in.
● There is currently $8,700 in Little League reserve funds, but equipment and shirts still need to be purchased.†
Sponsor requests received include:
● AM Auto (Girls Majors) - Bronze level
● A.Davis (Boys Majors) - Gold level - new banner needed
● Dianna Benoit Kittell - Bronze - new banner needed
● VT Maple Gift Shoppe (Girls Farm) - Gold level - banner needed
● Rise VT (TeeBall) - Gold level - banner needed
● Cold Hollow Photo (Boys Farm) - Custom level - banner needed - will provide plaques from team photos for sponsors
● SnapOn (Boys Minors) - Bronze level
● Laura Sherman is interested in sponsoring and is waiting for approval from Mary Kay. If approved, she will sponsor at the Gold level and would like to sponsor the girls minor team.
Bridget will reach out to businesses that have sponsored Franklin Rec in the past that have not responded.
Stephanie updated the sponsorship policy (Policy 1) to include the updated sponsorship levels.
● CWC Drum Circles - May 10 -† 6:00-8:00 p.m.. Franklin Rec will be charged $300 and can keep any funds raised above that amount. The fee to participate will be $10/per person for this event. If interested is low, the event will be cancelled.† Bridget will make a flyer and Stacy will make FB event.
● Lake Monster game July 20. Dawn is expecting the fundraising forms to arrive this month.†
● Discussion about hosting a vendor fair in the summer.
● Stacy is drafting the RiseVT Amplify grant submission.†
● Discussion about the VT Outdoor Recreation Economic Collaborative grant.
Spring Paint and Sip: †Spring themed painting and LuLaRoe fundraiser. Date and location TBD.
Summer Programming: Ideas for summer activities were discussed, including:
● Running club
● Vendor fair
● A date to train rec board members still needs to be set.
● Guidelines for team selection are being drafted
● Shirts will be ordered this week.†
● Bridgette will order equipment, including, but not limited to:
○ Girls majors and minors catchers equipment, girls farm catchers helmet. Boys catchers equipment will be ordered next year
○ Baseball game balls
○ Baseball bats (6)
○ Chalk and paint for field lining
○ Boys majors equipment bag
○ Field lining machine: Stacy made a motion to spend up to $450 on a new field lining machine. Bridget seconded. The motion was approved. Bridgette will select a machine work with the Town Clerk to place the order.†
○ New bases may be needed.†
● Dawn will schedule a picture date.†
● Discussion about using TeamUp. All practices (inside and outside will be listed.†
The meeting was adjourned at 10:01 p.m..
The next meeting will †be on Monday, April 22 at 7:00 p.m. in the Felco Room.